Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Booze

Here are a few notable alcholic beverages from my winter break so far.


Palais de Versailles

One evening the twins and I were browsing the mega liquor store (think Spec's in the suburbs of Dallas) and we couldn't agree on what to get. Mandy wanted wine, Meri wanted liquor, I wanted champagne. We spotted this in the champagne section and continued saying the name in our best french accents well into the vodka section. So we went back and got it. It was okay, it wasn't that memorable and I know nothing about alcohol so I don't really know what else to say. But isn't this picture awesome? Meri made fun of me for liking the way her sink looked full of dirty dishes. I just like it when you can see the food (or drink) in the environment/context in which it was consumed.



Goldschlager

That night we also got Goldschlager, or cinnamon schnapps. I had never had it before and I like it. We drank it with Dr. Pepper and I think the cinnamon really elevated the flavor of the Dr. Pepper, which makes me wonder if cinnamon is one of the 23 flavors in Dr. Pepper. The first picture shows the liquid chilling in the fridge (duh). The second shows it in a cup mixed with the Dr. Pepper, which I like because you can see the gold flecks in it.

Poll: Do you believe the rumor that the gold flecks in Goldschlager make microscopic cuts in your throat when you swallow it, causing your body to absorb the alcohol faster? Comment with your answer!!!!!!


Magnolia Shiner Bucket

So at the Magnolia you can buy one Shiner for $3.75 or 4 for $10. Besides the fact that you save like, $5 for doing this, you also get to carry your beer around in this awesome bucket. So obviously Landle and I did that last week when we were there. Shiner in a bottle is good beer, but Shiner in a bucket is a gift from God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe the "Goldschlager legend." I think it's a marketing ploy that the Goldschlager CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) dreamt up in order to boost sales. His dream, you ask: tinted aluminum so that it resembled gold, which would be suspended in the cinnamon-tasting goodness as a means of capturing the imagination of alcohol-thirsty, rebellious teens, who would make up silly legends, any and all of which would disguise the fact that they are actually light-weights who can't handle their liqour, or much of it anyway, and (invariabley) would blame it on the "gold flecks."

Anonymous said...

i absolutely believe the gold flake thing, and have panned it out myself on more than one occasion