Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Chicken Fried Bacon


Chicken Fried Chicken

This is the first time I ever attempted to make chicken fried chicken and it turned out really well. I looked all over the internet for a good recipe to follow. Most recommend only using eggs and flour for the coating. My mom suggested not even using egg to make it the way her mom used to make it. That sounds pretty good but I decided to use crushed saltine crackers. It tasted the same as when you just use flour but with ten times as much salt, which I like. I would go so far as to say it is one of the best chicken fried chickens I've ever had. And I'm pretty pleased that I know how to make it myself now.


Landon's Bacon

Later that night I taught Landon how to make bacon. I didn't tell him this but in general I tend to undercook bacon. I am so afraid that I will overcook it that I stop too soon and it isn't very crispy. Landon's problem, on the other hand, is overcooking it. So together it ended up looking pretty perfect. Then he used it to make this sandwich


Mustard Bacon Sandwich

I've never seen someone put as much mustard on a sandwich as Landle put on this. Beneath the bacon the bread was smothered in it, and on the other side he spelled out "BLOG" in mustard, just for you, EYTO readers.

Poll: how much mustard do you like on your sandwich?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

crispy bacon is just terrible. How wilty is too wilty for you?

GOOZETOWN

Anonymous said...

A teaspoon and a half is just enough mustard; however, it's rarely just mustard, it's most often a tablespoon of mayonnaise to a teaspoon and a half of mustard--except in cases of corndogs, which is a few tablespoons of both mustard and ketchup swirled together, a combination which is often referred to as mustchup. ...Yum!