Sunday, November 19, 2006

FOOD


The Omlettery

I have been waiting to go to this place since I first read about it weeks ago. We got there at 10:30 and there were a ton of people standing around in the sun (it was too cold in the shade) waiting to eat. The place isn't very big, and there were about as many people waiting as there were inside eating. It took us about 45 minutes to be seated. I got a Guacamole Omlette. It had guacamole, lettuce, cheddar, and swiss cheese. delicious! It was shaped unlike an omlette I've ever seen before. You get a ton of choice of sides, including home fries which I am a big fan of, or gingerbread pancakes, which they call prozac on a plate. The foodie in me said to get the pancakes, but my stomach said to get the home fries. They were good, but not really good. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will get the pancakes.


Thundercloud Subs

Thundercloud subs is an Austin legend. After a long day of movie shooting, Magz, boy, and I wanted some sandwiches. Which Wich? Pita Pit? No. Thundercloud. I got the veggie delite. I had not intention of not eating meat today, because I'm growing pretty fond of it again. So on the veggie delite you have a choice of cream cheese or hummus, and since I ate an entire container of hummus last week, so I went for the cream cheese. I kind of regret it now, but it tasted excellent. It also had lettuce, sprouts, pepper, and guac. Yum.

No comments: