Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Maggie/ Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving

I really really wanted to have frog legs for Thankgiving but they didn't have any at Central Market, and I highly doubt any grocery stores in the suburbs have them. So we had fried turkey instead, and honestly I couldn't tell the difference. But it has been a long time since I had turkey. I like turkey okay but I gave most of mine to Maggie because I know she likes it more than I do. We pretty much stuck to the traditional food this year, which is good because I like the traditional food. Except we made a mashed potato casserole, which was not good and next year we will definitely go back to normal mashed potatoes. I've been reading a lot about mashed potatoes in Jeffrey Steingarten's book, and I need a food thermometer to make them correctly, so if anyone is trying to think of Christmas gifts for me... Anyway, I have big plans for leftovers, so make sure to tune in the next few days.


Pumpkin Pie

I don't like pie crust, it is such a waste. But pumpkin pie filling is pretty good. It's definitely more rewarding when you've made it yourself.

No comments: