Sunday, November 19, 2006

Saturday


Double Dave's Pizza

My parents came down on Saturday in a fruitless attempt to fix the air vent in my bathroom, the leak in my sink, and my front door. As soon as they got here the Ohio vs. Michigan game was about to start, and my mom is an Ohio State fan and my dad is a Michigan fan, so this was a pretty big deal. They requested that we have lunch at a place where we could watch the game. We decided to go to Double Dave's down the street because I thought it would be the least tool-packed. It was, but that's probably because the pizza was sub par and the service was bad (it took more than 30 minutes to get our food, and we were one of maybe five groups of people in there). We had a half vegetarian half pepperoni pizza, and all the vegetarian half consisted of was onions, mushrooms, and dry green pepper. The meat half was better but the crust was too soggy to pick up.


Central Market Truffle

My mom and I decided to go walk around Central Market while my dad finished watching the game. I didn't want to buy groceries since I'm going home in a few days, but we picked up some random things anyway. Our favorite section is the bulk food area. They had a lot of Christmas candy out, and most of them were still overflowing, but there was one bin that only had ten pieces of candy left in it. Impressed, we decided to buy two just to see why people were buying it. It ended up being a delicious chocolate truffle.



Olive Garden

One of the great things about having my parents come visit is that they are perfectly okay with taking me to my guilty pleasure restaurant, the olive garden. Case in point: when my mom came to visit me in the city, we went to the olive garden in Times Square, after having the worst eating out experience of our lives. I would never go to the one near our house because it is always packed with crazy people that I hope I never see again. And as a food critic I know I shouldn't be a fan of chains, I might as well say I love tacos from Jack in the Box. I can't help it. I like their salad okay? I got baked ziti last night because that's my favorite pasta dish to make at home, and I like to see how others compare to my own. Mine is definitely not as good as the OG.

No comments: