Sunday, February 18, 2007

100th DAY!!!


Chicken with Couscous

This is my other favorite meal of the past 100 days. This is my own spin on something I had at a Mediterranean restaurant I ate at in NYC. What I used tonight was: couscous with flaxseed with parmesan flavoring, and the fresh vegetables I used were tomatoes, green bell pepper, and zucchini. That was the first zucchini I ever bought! and it was really tasty. The chicken was cooked surprisingly well, I just put the breasts in a skillet with olive oil and fresh ground pepper and salt. Gooze, tell everyone how good it was! I know they don't believe me. The recipe at the restaurant in New York had dried apricots mixed with the couscous as well, and different vegetables. I will def. go for the dried apricots next time. Also, it is imperative that you have Out to Lunch hummus with the couscous. Out to Lunch uses more lemon juice that most hummuses that I've tried, and it really adds a spectacular tanginess to the couscous that it would otherwise be lacking.


CUPCAKE!

I had to celebrate my 100 day anniversary by baking cupcakes! Rainbow chip everything! I met a boy who told me that they sell the rainbow chip icing at Randall's so I immediately booked it over to Randall's and stocked up on this sweet gift from the gods. Rainbow chip icing changed my life as a child and eating it tonight took me back to the good old days, truly. The difference between the chips and regular sprinkles..I'm not sure what it is. It is so good that it would be fair to say that it is undescribable, but this is my food blog and I might as well tell you my theory. These are larger version of sprinkles with more moisture, and also they are softened over time by the icing that they are constantly surrounded by.

Maggie with a Deformed Cupcake

My oven produced the most awkward looking cupcakes I've ever seen. They looked like they were vomitting themselves. I think you kind of get the idea from the picture.




Jo's Coffee

Gooze and I went and hung out with her 'rents at the super cool Hotel San Jose. Next door is this really cool coffee/juice/sandwich/dog treat stand called Jo's that I'd never even noticed before. It has a big wood bench and table area... very Austin, in a good way. The coffee was a little bitter and the guy forgot to give me my change and kept asking me if there was anything else he could get me, but in a way that made it seem like I'm a crazy idiot for standing around. After asking me three times he realized I was waiting for my change. I feel pretty awkward about it in retrospect.


Cupcake Moutain

This is all I have left of my 100th Eat Your Tart Out Anniversary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Elia's Exceptionally Eggy Waffles
2. You met a guy who said that?
3. I want cupcakes