Saturday, February 24, 2007

Midnight Feast


Metro Iced Coffee

Once I got off work I was hungry, but I had a group meeting for my ad campaign at Metro. I usually avoid Metro because of its location, on the drag. Also gross hipsters hang out there and it makes me want to run the other way. But today was the first having a drink there and I have to say, I was impressed. I had my usual iced coffee and it was...amazing. There was no bacon flavor. And there was nothing bitter about it at all. I added half a packet of sweet'n'low and it made the drink PERFECT.


John's guacamole

John, what the hell is in your guacamole? It tasted just like avacados and a ton of lime juice but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me there was a secret ingredient. Also, the consistency was perfect...I like it when the avacados retain some shape/ aren't completely turned to mush. That is how my dad does it, he practically beats it with a blender (no offense, Fizz, yours is good too). But this is definitely the best guacamole I've had in years.


John's Tortilla Soup/ Midnight Snack

This is the first time I've had tortilla soup since I regained my omnivoire status. I'm sure I ate it before then but I don't remember. John made the soup completely from scratch. As he will tell you, he made it in haste and supposedly the balance of spices was off. But I thought it was amazing. He even had the act of putting it together into an art. First you put a handful of cheese on the bottom of the bowl (to make it melt better), then some of his homemade tortilla chips, then avacado slices, then add the soup. AHHH it was so good. The chicken was good. The soup was good. The onions were good. Whatever else was in it was good. John, will you make us soup every day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the msg chips deserve another mention. god damn, those little things are sexy

GOOZEY