Sunday, March 18, 2007

Road Trip P.1

Sunshine Café

This was a really funny experience. This is the first place we stopped on road trip 2K7, and it took us forever to find it. I don’t know why these small towns don’t want travelers to find their restaurants, but we traveled a few miles off the highway before finding a place to eat. This was the first place we saw. We went in and sat ourselves. At the table next to us was a true country man dressed in camo. A few minutes later a camoflauge truck pulled up and two more men dressed in camoflauge from head to toe joined the man sitting by us. They talked about hunting and toilets for an hour. There weren’t many other people there, but you could tell they were all regulars. Another guy near us didn’t even have to order, the waitress just brought him his breakfast a few minutes after he sat down.



Scrambled Eggs and Bacon

This was a real country breakfast for four dollars. It came with scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and a biscuit. It was all good because it all tasted like butter. The biscuit was really hot which is always a good thing. Restaurants always say “one egg” or “two eggs” but really I think they’re giving you about five. The bacon was really good, I don’t think you can really mess up bacon. And the hashbrowns were a little funny. They were limp, but that was okay because they were less greasy than usual, and everything tastes good with hot sauce.

Hotel Breakfast

At our hotel you can go to the buffet where they will make omelettes and Belgian waffles right before your eyes. It was fun to watch, I must say, and hopefully I picked up a trick or two from it.


Everything Omelet with Everything Else

I asked for my omelet to have everything but onions. I hate onions with eggs, it just doesn’t taste right. It was really good! The best omelet I’ve had in a while. Although I think there was a piece of sausage in there, and I don’t really care for that either. They also had a ton of fresh fruit, which means I had a lot of pineapple and grapes. The biscuit was pretty bad. It was super crunchy on the outside which is not how biscuits are supposed to be, so I didn’t touch it again. The potatoes were pretty good, I think they had paprika on them along with the regular salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate crunchy biscuits but those are my favorite kind of potatoes!

I'm glad you're home.