Thursday, March 1, 2007

Salvation


Feast for the Eyes: Salvation Pizza Table

This graphic was on my side of the table. Becky's side had a star. The tables were awesome. Astronauts are awesome. Especially the ones that wear adult diapers on car rides from Houston to Florida to kill their lovers' new lady.




Salvation Pizza: Sundried Tomatoes and Canadian Bacon

I have incredibly mixed feelings about this place. For one thing, it is such a cute place. It's in an old house with a weird layout. You can pick which room you want to eat in. Outside there are gorgeous yellow picnic tables on a huge front porch. The fireplace is really modern looking. The walls are yellow, the chairs are red, the tables are black with spray painted graphics. It was a really great environment. However, the waitresses were horrible! One of their families was seated next to us and she kept going over there and talking with them and being loud, plus her son was there and he was five and a brat and screaming crying most of the time. And they were really rude about filling up our water glasses. And our pizza took forever to bake.

Anyway, wanna hear about the pizza? I was impressed with our sundried tomato and canadian bacon combo. The sundried tomatoes though...it was more like spicy sundried tomato paste. And it was in a tiny globs all over the pizza. It wasn't bad, but part of what I like about sundried tomatoes is the texture. There was no texture to this paste. It still tasted really good though. The crust was a little burned on the bottom, but that's how I like it! So that was fine with me. And I would definitely rather it be like that than have it be too greasy and therefore flimsy. This is definitely the best pizza I've had in a while but I have big expectations for a few other pizza places I have yet to eat at in Austin (namely, Home Slice).

No comments: