Sunday, April 8, 2007

Czech Stop


Czech Bakery, West, TX

This is what the bag looks like. It's also what the employees look like.


Strawberry Cream Kolache

I'd like to start off by saying that I hate pastries. Donuts taste like moldy bread with sugar on top in my mouth. I don't this makes me a bad person or a bad critic but it would potentially make me a bad pastry chef. I like food ok?

Anyway, so I got this one the last time I was driving through. It sounded the most generic and therefore the safest. It was okay. I'd rather eat something else though. When you don't love what you're eating it's a waste of calories. Unless you're starving, but there are still ways to make ramen noodles taste good (see back entries).


Poppy Seed Kolache

John and I stopped in West on the way back to Austin today and I tried the poppyseed one. I like poppyseed muffins , why wouldn't I like Poppyseed Kolaches? It was not very good. It tasted like rhubarb pie surrounded by glazed donut. puke. I've never even had rhubarb pie, it's just what I imagine it to taste like. Next time I'm getting the jalapeno one.

No comments: