Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Hills: good tv show, great restaurant


Hill's Cafe Chicken Fried Steak

From their menu: The Hill's award-winning chicken-fried steak is the last of its kind, a genuine South Austin original. We take a Texas-sized tender breaded cutlet, hand grill it to perfection (NOT deep-fried) and then top it off with our famous yellow gravy. Served with your choice of two of our delicious sides.

My sides were fried pickles and mashed potatoes.

Um wow. I can't stop thinking about this chicken fried steak. I'd never even had chicken fried steak before this, except for in the school cafeteria in elementary school. And now it's the second thing that comes to mind when I'm hungry (after chipotle). It's pretty amazing and you can see why from the description. The fried pickles were spears instead of chips which I usually don't like, but these were extremely hot and not a bit soggy so they were very good. The mashed potatoes were okay, I don't like mashed potatoes that much but I didn't want to get fried okra (fried steak, fried pickles, fried okra= fried jenny).

LET'S GO BACK ASAP.

No comments: