Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Day Chipotle Made Me Cry


Mark's Take on Cinnabon

Remember that awesome recipe book I was telling you about? It is called Top Secret Recipes, and today Mark decided to make cinnamon rolls with the top secret recipe from Cinnabon. We had to make ANOTHER trip to the grocery store, at least my tenth this week. Anyway it was really funny watching him knead the dough and also make a huge mess. The yeast didn't rise correctly though and they weren't good, at least that's what I heard. I definitely wasn't brave enough to try them.

By midafternoon, I was starving and I wanted Chipotle. So I went to Chipotle, and the guy started pressing the tortilla, and he asked, "pinto beans ma'am?" and I said, "no I'd like black." and he said that they were out and wouldn't be making any more because they were closing in a couple hours, but why can't I just get pinto beans? So I told him I don't get meat and I hate pinto beans and I left. I could have given up there, but I was too hungry and too determined to be brought down by one silly Chipotle worker who doesn't understand the importance of black beans. So we took off for the other Chipotle in town. IT WAS CLOSED. So I stood there at the door to Chipotle on Christmas Eve 2006 and cried.

Historically, I don't return to food establishments that make me cry. Just ask Whole Foods, Spice, HEB, and Jester City Limits. I don't know how this is going to affect my relationship with Chipotle, but I am sure it won't be good.


Pizza

So when I got home from what will go down in history as The Chipotle Disaster, we had to go to Christmas Eve Church and I still didn't get to eat much at home. Afterwards I was too hungry to think so we just had pizza. Waiting to be seated at a restaurant for two hours would be the epitome of suburban hell for me. And it's raining and cold, blah. The pizza was burned but I didn't care.

Finally, we were supposed to have peppermint ice cream because it's Christmas Eve and that's the one thing we always do on Christmas Eve besides watch Christmas Vacation. I went to pretty much every grocery store in the Dallas area and none of them had it. NONE. How frustrating.

Now my stomach ache is back. Merry Christmas y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Chipotle. That is truely terrible. We must exchange gifts and let consumerism help heal the wounds.

In addition, there is a reason every store is out of peppermint ice cream. My mom bought it all. I kid you not. There are 12 gallons of it from 5 different stores in our fridge. (It has to last the brother all year.)

On behalf of the M family, I officially invite the G family to come over and share in the bounty.