Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Different Temperatures

No breakfast today.


Cozzoli's Cheese Pizza

Cozzoli's is down Congress a block from where I work so I met Becky at the Capitol and we walked there. It was overwhelmingly purple. Purple booths, purple flowers, purple paint. Their pizza is so good!! The crust was perfect: warm, crispy on the outside, but soft inside. I went for the cheese because it has been proven that the best way to judge a pizza parlor is by how good their cheese pizza is. Amazingly, there wasn't an excess amount of grease on top of my slice, which I really appreciate. And there was just the right amount of tomato sauce to compliment the cheese and bread. The girl left it in the oven a little too long when she was heating it up so it took me a few minutes longer than I would have liked to sink my teeth into it. I'm not a fan of burning the roof of my mouth off and having dead skin flaps hanging around for a week so I was willing to wait, and it was worth it. I also got a root beer because that is the quintessential pizza parlor drink to me.


Nestle Push Pop

At Cozzoli's, they have an ice cream freezer with lots of random offerings, including push pops. When we saw them we knew we were going to have to get them after we finished our pizza. It cost two dollars, which is definitely the most expensive push pop I've ever had in my life, but this one time it was worth it. It was almost hot outside, and the orange sherbet was exactly as I remembered it from my childhood: tangy and sweet and cold artificial orange flavor. Perfect.


Flight Path's El Salvadoran Blend

I reunited with a friend at our old hangout Flight Path tonight. Flight Path is my favorite coffee shop in Austin, they keep it real while still being ass holes and attract the most random crowd which is great for people watching and pretending to study. Tonight there were a lot of frat boys doing crude things, as well as a group of hipster girls with homemade vests. The coffee tasted very good, however, it is one of those pump-your-own things. That's fine, I got to show off my massive arm muscles, but the thing was a little taller than me and I couldn't really tell when my cup was getting full. The one bad thing was that the coffee was lukewarm when I first got it, so after five minutes it was room temperature, which is not what I wanted. I wanted scorching hot coffee to warm me up. Oh well. It was still a good night at Flight Path.

No comments: