Sunday, December 31, 2006

NEW YEAR'S EVE!


Murray's Sesame Bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese

Originally my plan was to go every other day to get this bagel, but I think I will probably go the next three days in a row. I will miss them so much. The same girl made it today that made it two days ago, but she cut it almost evenly down the middle this time (Friday it was cut into 3/4 and 1/4). The coffee and the jalapeno still don't go together.


Murray's Warmth

This is just proof that the bagels are warm. They were so warm today that the cream cheese melted a little bit and dropped out. It was still good. I had a solution for this cream cheese loss:


Plastic Spoon with Murray's Jalapeno Cream Cheese

I scooped it up with a spoon and also used the cream cheese to use the sesame seeds to gather the cream cheese. It was a terrific last bite.




Feast for the Mind: The New York Times Real Estate Section

The man sitting next to us at Murray's left us his New York Times and this was the cover of the Real Estate Section. It's about how people pick the neighborhood they want to live in based on what food is nearby. It is an interesting concept and I'm sure accurate about many people. It would never work for me though because I would never live in Chelsea.



The Diner's Chicken Fingers

We were walking to Magnolia and got lost in the West Village so we asked a young man where it was, and he told us it is closed for the season but that we should go to The Diner on 9th Ave and 14th Street. So we went. We were there for more than an hour and a half. It was the absolute slowest service ever. It was okay though, it was fun. We got to scare Ariana's new roommate. His favorite restaurant is the Cracker Barrel. The Chicken Fingers at The Diner were very good. The breading was light but they were still very crispy and not too greasy. The french fries were the best part. They came in a cute container and tasted like the french fries they served in middle school. We finished them quickly.

NEW YEAR'S EVE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still don't know why the fries came in that container. Presentation purpose I suppose, or else, maximazation of fries per serving. Either way...interesting but perplexing.
Although Jennifer did not try them, I highly suggest the diner's fish tacos. I think they're made with talapia, seasoned mildly spicy, coleslaw, pico de gallo, and gaucamole. They're absolutely delightful, along with the black and white malt--which is characterized by little bits of clumped up malt.