Monday, December 4, 2006

A lot of food for one day


Orange Tea from Jester

So I am still sick and between classes this morning I decided I wanted some tea. Thankfully my marketing class hasn't lasted for more than 15 minutes these past two weeks so I went and got some in my old 'hood. This tea is so good. It has so much flavor, which is something that I usually would be reluctant to say about tea. The cups they have there don't give you any protection from the heat though, so you are much better off the take two or three to build a protective layer.


Haagen Dazs Mango Sorbet

This is nothing compared to what they serve on the streets of New York. But it isn't bad. I doubt I will get through this entire pint though...Unless I train myself to enjoy it. The mango flavor is too strong, there needs to be more sugar. And the texture is not like a normal sorbet. It is creamier or something.


Thai Noodle House Shrimp Spring Roll

I hesitated about getting a spring roll because I knew the main course that was waiting for me. But the foodie in me told me to go for it, and I kindly obeyed. Overall it was very well put together, and a poorly wrapped spring roll can be its greatest downfall. My only complaint about this one was that there was only one piece of shrimp in the entire thing. That was a little frustrating.


Thai Noodle House Pad Se-Ew with chicken (more commonly known as C5)

This is flat noodles with broccoli and your choice of chicken, beef, pork or tofu. This was my first time having it with something other than tofu and I still really enjoyed it, but it is definitely better with tofu. The flavors turn out entirely different. The broccoli was a little brown, but I'm not complaining. The dish was more sour than I remember it, because in my mind it tasted exactly like the black noodles at Spice and Sea in New York. The service was really slow. Like, we were done eating and thirty minutes later they brought us the check. Oh well.


Mutant Fortune Cookie

This was a siamese-fortune cookie. It looked pretty awesome. As you can see, there is nothing separating the two distinct cookies. As far as fortune cookies go, this one wasn't bad. But my fortune was horrible: Keep in touch with some form of the arts. I think my fortune was meant for a frat boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thai Noodle Horay!