Tuesday, December 19, 2006

For the People

I studied through breakfast this morning. At lunch time I turned my phone off to avoid distractions before my last final, but I made a hummus and cheese sandwich and edamame. Since my phone was off I don't have a picture for you. I didn't eat it anyway because I was too nervous about the final.


Galaxy Cafe's Chicken Chipotle Wrap

For a farewell Christmas dinner the gooze and I went to Galaxy Café. I tried something new! Well, I got a wrap (on a wheat tortilla) and it was delicious. The black beans were the perfect texture and the chipotle sauce was very good too. There were a lot of onions in it though and I felt I suffered from that the rest of the night.


Galaxy Cafe's Pesto Pasta Salad

I was this close to getting the sweet potato fries when I decided I really ought to just get the pesto bowties because I knew I would love it again. I did. The olives and the roasted peppers and the pesto just work so well together.

The gooze got Mexican Lime soup. I tried it but blogger refuses to let me upload the picture of it. It was really good though. The perfect amount of lime for a soup.


Feast for the Eyes: Christmas Lights

Galaxy Café is in the cutest neighborhood in Austin over by West Lynn. Afterwards we drove around looking at Christmas lights. This house was insane! There is a house similar to this one in Coppell where the owners sit outside and play music, chatting with the passerbys and handing out candy canes. But this one had twice as many decorations as that one. And we still got candy canes!!


Candy Canes

After we graciously accepted the candy canes, I took a picture of Maggie enjoying hers. She decided to "strike a pose" by hooking her neck with the candy cane. Unbeknownst to us, the owner was still watching us and my window was still rolled down, and he started cracking up, and then we did as well. It was wonderful.


Coors Light

After that I went over to Stephen's for a quick goodbye that turned into many hours of playing beer pong with his housemates.

No comments: