Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Day Murray's Made Me Cry


Murray's Sesame Seed Bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese

I've pretty much been dreading this day as long as I can remember. The mood (my last Murray's bagel for who knows how long) was lightened with the presence of my dear friend Sarah, who I randomly bumped into at the Met yesterday. I was so happy to see her I could cry. As fate would have it, we met for bagels at Murray's this morning. We went to the one on Sixth Ave, the one I usually don't go to just because the workers are a little unfriendlier than at the other. The bagel was good, it was the biggest one I've ever had from there and it was warm as usual. At the one on sixth they put red peppers in the jalapeno cream cheese as well which makes a totally different flavor (still good). I was so excited to see Sarah that I forgot to get a drink. It was so appropriate that my last bagel be with her and I am very grateful for that.


Figs Caprese Sandwich (AKA Airport Food)

There were two places to choose from at the airport for food: Figs or Pronto To Go. I went with Figs, which had a few deli sandwiches and chicken wings on the menu. I went for the Caprese Sandwich which is mozzarella, tomato, and basil on foccaccia. If I had to describe it with one word it would be cold. It tasted like it had been sitting in the refrigerator for a month. It wasn't fresh at all and some parts were a little icy. Plus it was eight dollars which is a total rip off for bad food.


Caprese Sandwich

I just wanted you guys to get another view. It looks kind of appetizing, but looks can be deceiving.





Cape Cod Potato Chips

I bought these for the plane ride because I knew I would be hungry later. I was right. My flight was delayed hoursss. So I chomped on these midflight to get me through it. They were good but they needed more salt. They were perfectly crunchy and not too greasy though. Plus they came in a cute bag, which I held on to even after they were all gone so I could take a picture for my blog.


Sugar Cookies

My mom and nephews made sugar cookies this afternoon and they were surprisingly soft. Usually they end up like rocks at our house. I went for a tree that was decorated with blue icing and sprinkles. I gave Maggie the tree trunk. We both liked it a lot.

No comments: