Friday, January 5, 2007

Soul Food


Murray's Sesame Bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese

Hahahaha sukkas! I fooled you guys! You thought I was done with Murray's indefinitely, but no! I brought one home with me! It wasn't as delicious a day old. The bread was very tough and pretty hard to eat. It made me happy to be able to share it with the only being that loves food as much as I do, my dog. Also the fact that I didn't have jalapeno cream cheese broke my heart a little bit. But the men at the store insisted that the cream cheese would go bad in transit. Oh well.


Pan Acean Hot and Sour Soup

I made my parents take me to Pan Acean for dinner because I love it and I haven't been there since this summer, and it is the only redeeming quality of our sad little suburb besides the fact that my parents live here. Their vegetarian hot and sour soup is the best I've ever had. They also have a seafood version that I have yet to try. It's so good though, I could eat bowls and bowls of it.


Pan Acean Orange Peel Flavor Stir Fry

This is what I order every time I go to Pan Acean, and it gets significantly worse each time I have it. Next time I am definitely going to order something new. It was way too spicy, which is something I rarely say. The heat just overpowered all the other flavors and made them unejoyable. Also, there were only two pieces of tofu on my plate, a few more pieces of broccoli, and a few snap peas as well. The rest of the plate was filled up with onions, bok choy, and sauce. It really rattles me when they use too much bok choy to take up space. The sauce would have been okay if the flavor was good and then I could use it to flavor my rice. But it was pretty much inedible because of the spice.


Angela's Tuna Sandwich/ Midnight Snack

Ariana's mom made tuna salad tonight and it was the best tuna salad I've ever had. The secret is hard boiled eggs for flavor and lots of celery for texture. Also, mayonnaise with canola oil instead of the regular kind. The egg really added a lot to it I think. I can be really particular about hard boiled eggs but these were the perfect texture to balance the tuna and the flavor softened it. The pepper added a nice touch as well. Also, we had baked Ruffles with our sandwiches, and it was nice to know that my mom and I aren't the only ones who believe in baked chips paired with sandwiches to add that certain he ne sais quoi to the meal.


Newman's Own Chocolate Cookies

Kind of like an oreo, but with chocolate creme and better.





IHOP water

Water and Ihop never disappoints. It is always cold but without having too much ice, and it has the right amount of minerals that create the perfect flavor. I'm sure it's just tap water, but that is definitely tap water to be proud of.

No comments: