Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not Letting the Snow Bring Me Down


Feast For the Icicles (my blog could survive on puns alone) Part One: View of the Icicles

This afternoon the icicles grew to be 15-20 inches long and almost 2-3 inches in diameter. They still are that big, maybe even a little bigger. They are really pretty, I wish they would stay after everything else melted and warmed up.



Fricano's Deli Sandwich

It's a customize your own deli sandwich around the corner from my apartment. Becky and I agreed to meet there tonight. It was nice to finally get out of the place and have some human interaction. The people that run the place are the friendliest restaurant people I've ever encountered. So this was my sandwich: turkey, muenster, tomato, cucumber, onions, and mayonnaise on sourdough. I asked for sprouts and didn't ask for onions, but whatever. It was still a good sandwich, especially the bread! Becky had a grilled cheese with tomato and onions that looked amazing. I will definitely be getting sandwiches from this place on a regular basis.


Fricano's Sandwich

Just wanted to provide another angle. It also came with a pickle which wasn't very good, but I don't really like pickles except the ones that are jalapeno flavored.





Feast for the Icicles Part Two: Icicles on my car

There is a two inch layer of ice on my entire car, and foot long icicles hanging along the bottom. Very cool but kind of crappy. I hope nothing that requires me getting in my car happens anytime soon.


Feast for the Icicles Part Three: Frozen Cactus

There are some really random plants around my new building, including this cactus. My cell phone's camera has a really sweet "night" feature that takes good pictures at night. I really like the colors in this picture because they are very accurate. It was neat to see the icicles hanging from the cactus and still see the green shining through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, i'm not so sure about this fricano's deli place. customize your own deli sandwich? i don't have the chef's know-how of what tastes good with what! how do you ensure a good eating experience that way??

-gooze

p.s. sweet "night feature"!!!